Dedicated to Design: January 2023
TEXT: NANE STEINHOFF I PHOTOS: UNSPLASH
New year, new house? If you decide to give your interiors an update, we suggest going with a timeless style that will last for years. The modern take on the classic heritage style sees traditional elements – such as panelling, rich colour palettes and patterned wallpaper, for example – paired seamlessly with more contemporary accents to provide the perfect blend of ‘old meets new’. Find some inspiration below.
1. You might not have the kind of grand winter garden as seen here, but you can incorporate this gorgeous fabric that will bring the outdoors inside. The Victorian Glasshouse Collection features detailed studies of botanical gardens, and is available in five colourways. Shown here in Spruce. From £27.
2. Have you ever thought about updating your radiators? After seeing this dark blue one made of cast iron, you might well start considering. Available in any colour and set-up you wish. From £48.
3. Perfect for creating interiors that sing, the Heritage Star Blue tiles are sure to turn your home into a talking point. With a beautiful pattern and a slightly aged background, they offer a distinctly vintage feel. Starting at £33 per square metre.
4. The traditional freestanding bath Bateau is a real eye-catcher. It is made of double-walled Lucie acrylic. This guarantees high resilience and a long service life for the bathtub. £1,576.
5. Enjoy the timeless style of the Bourdon wingback armchair. This traditional armchair brings the modern country manor look to your home, with its high back, plump cushioning and elegant rounded arms. £1,353.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Receive our monthly newsletter by email