More than 100 years ago, in May 1911, Arnold Cäsar Rösselet, a watchmaker from La Chaux-de-Fonds, decided to buy the watch shop of Julius Keiser in Zug. The canton then was one of the poorest and the buying price was therefore affordable. In the following years he and his son Werner established the business. Their soon loyal customers made it possible to survive two wars and the recessions of the interwar period. In 1953 Werner took over from his father and years later, in 1978, forwarded the business to his son Adrian. Today Rösselet is the oldest shop for watches and jewellery in the Canton of Zug.